|This article is about a/an footsoldiers in Mashin Sentai Kiramager.|
Bechats (ベチャット Bechatto) are the footsoldiers of Dark Empire Yodonheim. When a Bechat is given a Jamen from Mask of Darkness Carantula, it can evolve into a powerful Jamenshi. According to Sena Hayami, they emit a very bad and indistinguishable odor.
To be added
Powers and Abilities
- Teleportation: Bechats can apparently teleport to the human world when they are called into battle by a Jamenshi.
- Paralyzing Poison: A special breed of Bechat, called a Stunner Bechat, is composed of a poison that induces paralysis. This poison is special in the fact that, although Yodonheim members typically avoid good hygiene, even they cannot stand the toxin.
- Enhanced Strength: After being enhanced by Yodonna, the Bechats became incredibly strong.
- Enhanced Recovery: After being enhanced by Yodonna, the Bechats can recover fast whenever they are hurt.
- Enhanced Endurance: After being enhanced by Yodonna, the Bechats are able to fight nonstop for extended periods of time.
- Numade (ヌマデ): The Bechats are armed with rake-like staffs for close-quarters combat.
- Projectile Functionality: Numade are also projectile weapons, as they can shoot a mud-like substance from the "prongs" on their heads.
Behind the Scenes
- The name "Bechat" is derived from bechabecha (べちゃべちゃ), which means "gooey or messy from mud or ink", to fit Yodonheim's dislike of beauty.
- To be added
- They look somehow like the Dorodoros, Genin Magerappa, Barmia Soldiers, and the Zorima.
- The Bechats are the first footsoldiers to debut in a toy commercial.
- The Bechats' mud-based theme and their rake-like weapons might be a reference to a Muckraker, a reform-minded journalist in the Progressive Era of the United States (1890s–1920s) who exposed established institutions and leaders as corrupt.
- The Bechats are the first Sentai footsoldiers to use a weapon that is based on an everyday object (in this case, a rake) instead of an actual weapon.