|This article is about a/an duo of monsters in Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers.|
- ""Whoa, mondo! Excellent Zedd." "Like awesome.""
- ―The Barbaric Brothers upon being enlarged (Merrick speaking first).[src]
- ""Bummer! This is Bogus man!""
- ―The Barbaric Brothers' final words before their death. Both brothers say this at once.[src]
Lord Zedd sent Erik and Merrick to pour purple liquid into Angel Grove lake to poison the Alien Rangers. The plan from then on was either that they would die which would leave the Earth defenceless (since the Ninja Power Coins were destroyed, Zordon couldn't just give other humans the Ranger powers) or they would have to return to Aquitar and Zedd could take over whilst they were gone. Although never stated, the reason that they sent monsters instead of the Tengas was probably to ensure that they could defend themselves should the Alien Rangers morph. Merrick was first seen depositing the waste into the lake and Erik debuted when he and his brother confronted the former Rangers. Even though their mission was complete, they stuck around to ensure they died but the Alien Rangers eventually broke free thanks to BIlly. Once they had escaped, the Brothers left to attack Angel Grove so the Rangers morphed to fight the duo but the duo were then enlarged so they summoned the Battle Borgs. The duo summoned strange alien armor and took on the Battle Borgs, overpowering and crippling four of them and Erik grabbing the Red Battle Borg. Merrick tried to drill it into oblivion but Aurico broke it free with the Battle Borg Spin. They then summoned the Shogunzords to form the Shogun Megazord. The duo charged at it bravely but were killed by the Fire Saber, both hugging one another before falling right on their sides and exploding.
The brothers talk like stereotypical "surfer dudes", often peppering their dialogue with corny phrases like "awesome" and "radical". They are serious fighters regardless, being able to overpower the Battle Borgs and very nearly destroy them.
Powers and abilities
- Strength: When giant, two swings from each of their weapons could take out two Battle Borgs at a time and damage them enough to leave them unable to rescue Aurico's Zord and physically restrain said Zord easily.
- Teleportation: The Barbaric Brothers can teleport to any location at will although they never did this on-screen.
- Armour Summoning: When giant, Erik and Merrick were able to summon grey armour plating equipped with new weapons to use against the Battle Borgs.
- Swords: Prior to gaining their armor upgrades, the Barbaric Brothers wielded two large grey swords to hack and slash their enemies with.
- Saw Arm: When they upgraded themselves with their armor, Erik had a massive saw blade for a right arm that he could use to slash his enemies.
- Drill Arm: When upgraded with their armor, Merrick had a large drill tip instead of a left hand which he could use to drill into his enemies. This could apparently have destroyed the Red Battle Borg had it not avoided the attack with the Battle Borg Spin.
Behind the Scenes
- The Barbaric Brothers were both voiced by Michael Sorich who also voiced Squatt, another comic relief villain who oddly didn't even appear in the same episode as the brothers.
- However, their voices are almost identical which makes it very hard to tell who is speaking since their mouths don't move.
- Prior to their appearances, the saw arm of Erik Barbaric's enlarged form was used as a component for the third Plague Patrol member and Merrick Barbaric's body was partially-repainted and used for Inciserator.