|This article is about a/an monster in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.|
- "How could a member of the Neko Clan side with humans?! Meou'll pay for this! Giant-style!"
- ―Bakeneko's first words being enlarged
Posing as a young Petshop Woman (ペットショップの女 Pettoshoppu no Onna), Bakeneko set up a petshop that serves as a front for a Yokai restaurant where her customers eat the children she captured with her Kamikakushi Ninpo. When the Kakurangers ended up at her manor, Bakeneko attempts to eliminate them after they ate the food she drugged with a paralysis posion. But Sasuke and Tsuruhime saw through it with the former tracking Bakeneko to her restaurant. Though Tsuruhime saved the children, Bakeneko's hold on the children captured the kunoichi while she seemingly killed NinjaRed. After the Kakurangers save their ally from being boiled alive, getting knocked down by Nekomaru, Bakeneko enlarges and battles Red Saruder and White Kark before being destroyed by Muteki Shogun.Though unseen, Bakeneko's spirit presumably emerged within the Seal Door along with all the other defeated Youkai, after their master Daimaou was finally contained there by the Kakurangers. Reeling that they were now powerless in captivity, the Youkai all vowed that they would one day be reborn and regain their power, cursing humanity.
to be added
Modus and Arsenal
- Able to use scratch attacks
- Illusion Ninpo
- Fire breath
- Although Bakeneko was unused in season three of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, her left hand and some of her arm fur were combined with a horned helmet-engraved head, the stinger-like ponytail and boots of Scorpina's giant scorpion form, and a generic body to form Plague Patrol #1 while some of her arm furs were refashioned as leg covers.
- The reason for being unused in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers has to do with much of her footage involving her human form, not to mention her bare chest.
- to be added
Behind the Scenes
- Similar to Mokumokuren and Nurikabe before her, Bakeneko's voice actor also portrayed her human form.