|This article is about a/an monster in Juken Sentai Gekiranger and Boukenger.|
- "First the finisher!"
- ―Baka upon enlarging.[src]
- "Idiots shouldn't die!"
- ―Baka's final words before his death.[src]
Rin Ju Hippopotamus Ken Baka was the secondary antagonist of Juken Sentai Gekiranger vs. Boukenger.
Baka was first seen when DaiVoyager arrived at the Confrontation Beast Hall and Mele asked if there was anyone around to stop it. They had come to find a Precious, one of Pacacamac I's ultra-powerful jewels. According to Mele, he was renowned amongst those in the Rinjuken for getting unwell the least often. He instantly grew giant and tried to finish it with a tickle attack to no effect. Whilst Sakura infiltrated the Beast Hall, DaiVoyager blasted Baka with it's cannons whilst Bae narrated. However, he was mostly unfazed and used his halving attack to entrap DaiVoyager and force it to shut down. He then shrunk down and retreated.
Baka later re-appeared when both the Boukengers and Gekirangers teamed up and confronted Mele and Rio in the quarry, stopping them from going after the two when they left. Eji transformed ton distract him whilst they pursued but Gou and Ken arrived in GekiWolf, allowing the others to pursue the other villains as they took on Baka. Ken gained the upper hand against Baka with his Knife-Hand SaiBlade and Eji hit him with a Sagaslash but he was unfazed (apparently having only being put to sleep by it). He then produced a comically sized hammer and demorphed the trio and pursued the others. He arrived shortly after Pachacamac XII was released by accident by Sakura and tried to follow Mele and Rio (who went after him for his jewels) and followed them into the statue which then closed. However, Pachacamak brainwashed him and showed them off before going on a rampage and forcing him and his masters to fight the Gekirangers and Boukengers. After Mele took down the girl Rangers, Ken tried to blast Baka with his missiles but the monster was unfazed and even fire from Sota's Survi-Buster and Eji's Sagasniper had no effect. He then rammed all three down and took them down with a blast of snot when they recovered.
Luckily, the entire team rallied so Ken changed his Sai-Blade into Cutter Mode whilst Souta raced in with his Survi-Sniper blade mode and Eji with his Sagasniper, all striking at once and wiping out the monster. Pachacamac soon joined him, having been defeated by Satoru and Jan and Mele and Rio having fled as thier defeats released the mind control. Satoru then summoned the Dual Crusher, the main three Gekirangers summoned the GekiBazooka, Gou powered up his Brace GongChanger, Ken produced some missiles from his Knife-Hand SaiBlade, Eji charged up his Sagasniper, and the remaining four Boukengers summoned thier Survi-Busters in Sniper Mode before combining thier finishers to take down Pachacamac and Baka. Although Pacacamak survived it with basically little more than a scratch, Baka was destroyed instantly, just barely being able to complain about dying before exploding.
- Favorite place: Unknown
- Favorite food: Unknown
- Favorite proverb: "A foolish child is more precious." (馬鹿な子ほど可愛い Bakana ko hodo kawaii)
The Rinshi (リンシーズ Rinshīzu) are the jiangshi warriors revived by Rio performing the Ringi technique "Rinzai". The Rinsi are in turn led by Mele, who is in charge of their development in some cases, being low-level users in the Akugata, they wear masks formed by a hat and a blindfold and use lances as their weapons. If a Rinshi can cross through the Chamber of Trials, defeating the other Rinshi inside single-handed, he/she can remove the mask and the animal motif on the forehead materializes, with the Rinshi receiving new attire and promoted to the more powerful rank of Rinrinsi who can assume "Beast-Man" form for a tentative amount of time. When they die, their bodies petrify and explode in violent bluish flames.
The Rinrinshi (リンリンシー Rinrinshī) are high-ranking Rinshi who pass the Chamber of Trials, allowed to remove the mask as the animal signature to his/her fighting style forms on the forehead and gain a new attire to signal the rank. Rinrinshi can obtain Beast-Man form, but only for a short among of time depending on the level of Rinki amassed inside. However, the Rinrinshi empowered by Maku's power can assume Beast-Man form for an indefinite amount of time. Like the Rinshi, the Rinrinshi die as their bodies petrify and explode in violent bluish flames.
Powers and Abilities
- Durability-Baka was able to shrug off an entire volley from DaiVoyager's cannons as well as the Sagasniper's Sagaslash and not even get a scratch.
- Koshoguri-to tickle -Where the user repeatedly tickles thier foe, apparently to death although it was only used once and had no effect on DaiVoyager.
- Half Baka-Baka can split himself right down the middle and entrap his foes' arms at thier sides.
- Energy Blast-Baka can fire a energy blast strong enough to stop all nine Gekirangers and Boukengers from charging.
- Snot Blast-Baka can fire a wave of clear snot from his nose strong enough to take down Eji, Ken, and Souta with one hit.
- Hippopotamus Ringi
- Crotch Location Reeling (股所繰, Koshoguri)
- Half-Bākā (半夏迦, Hanbākā)
- Dumb-Pound Penalty (鈍打刑, Dondake)
- Head Nausal-Tart-Wave (頭鼻酢波, Zubizuba)
- Koshoguri-to tickle
to be added
- Hammer-Baka can produce a massive brown hammer with a spike on top to fight his enemies with.
- Hammer Slam-Baka can slam his hammer to the ground hard enough to knock down and de-morph Eji, Gou, and Ken with one hit.
Behind the Scenes
- Baka was portrayed by Yuji Kishi, who previously portrayed Kyousuke Jinnai (Red Racer( in Gekisou Sentai Carranger.
to be added
- As with all the Rinjuken Beast-Men, his name is an anagram of an animal's name in Japanese; In Baka's case, it is a mix-up of Kaba, or Hippopotamus. "Baka" is even translated in English as "idiot", indicative of his personality in this movie.
- Baka was one of three Rinshi that was never adapted into Power Rangers Jungle Fury, the others Meka and the Dropout Rinshi.
- This monster's reason was the team-up being unadapted due to Disney decided not to adapt the team-up.
to be added