|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Ninja Steel.|
- "Now I'm a real chart topper!"
- ―Badpipes upon being gigantified.[src]
- "This is a real bum note!"
- ―Badpipes' final words before his death.[src]
Badpipes was a Scottish-accented Tengu/clarinet-themed monster who appeared as the main antagonist of the episode "My Friend Redbot."
Badpipes is first seen on Galvanax's ship with an army of Kudabots and Cosmo Royale dancing behind him and later doing the Hokey-Pokey. The reason is because Badpipes is using his bagpipes to make them dance and is sent to steal the Rangers' Power Stars by brainwashing them to give them over. After being sent to Earth, he encounters Hayley and demands her Ninja Power Star but she refuses until Badpipes plays his bagpipes and hypnotizes her to give him her Ninja Power Star. Right before he can take it, Redbot comes in and kicks Badpipes away, releasing the White Ranger from Badpipe's trance. After Badpipes got up on his feet, Hayley morphs and Badpipes notices his bagpipes and attempts to grab it but she is able to snatch it away in time as she battles him. He manages to get them back by tricking her, allowing him to give Hayley a kick in the chest. Badpipes is then about to fire energy lasers at Hayley but Redbot steps in and takes the shot right before Badpipes can play his bagpipes again. Kody comes in and kicks dirt at the monster's eyes, allowing Redbot and his friend to escape.
Later, Badpipes encounters and attacks Brody, Preston, Calvin and Sarah in a forest with Ripcon and hypnotizes them to give them their Ninja Power Stars. However, right before they can, Hayley comes in her Mega Morph Cycle and fires at Badpipes with the Plasma Blast, freeing the other Rangers and attacking Ripcon. Right before the Rangers can take out Badpipes' bagpipes, Ripcon uses his Double Sword Doom Strike on them, knocking Hayley out of her Ranger form. Though right before Badpipes can take back his bagpipes, Kody comes in and takes away the bagpipes from the monster's view, allowing the Rangers to destroy the instrument with their Ninja Blasterss. The Rangers re-morph and battle both Ripcon and Badpipes. Badpipes then decides to run off to give Ripcon space to battle Brody, with Calvin, Hayley, Sarah, and Preston following him. He battles the four Rangers in a beach-like area and makes a beat-down on them. He has more of an upper hand whilst flying but gets knocked down by Calvin. Right before he can battle him, Badpipes is obliterated by Preston's and Sarah's Ninja Battle Morpher Arrow Blast Final Attack. He is then gigantified and the Rangers summon the Ninja Steel Zords to form the Ninja Steel Megazord. Badpipes has the upper hand in the fight so the Red Ranger summons the Rumble Tusk Zord to form the Rumble Tusk Ninja Steel Megazord to fight him. They manage to break off Badpipes's nose and smash his fan before they activate the Ninja Master Blade and use the Rumble Tusk Ninja Steel Megazord's Double Axe Final Attack to destroy Badpipes for good.
Badpipes doesn't appear physically in Power Rangers Dino Fury but he makes a brief cameo in the archive footage in the second episode of season 2. When Zayto reveals that some cycles had firepower against a monster, showing her the Ninja Steel Rangers' Mega Morph Cycle. Aiyon believes a Mega Morph Cycle could give them enough firepower to defeat Wreckmate, but Solon reminds him that she does not have spare parts to build one.
Badpipes loved to play his bagpipes and did anything on his power to steal the Rangers' Ninja Power Stars.
Powers and abilities
- Flight: Badpipes could fly using his wings.
- Flight Attack: Whilst in the air, Badpipes could ram through his enemies with enough force to take them down.
- Energy Lasers: Badpipes could fire yellow colored energy lasers from his nose.
- Nose Extension: Badpipes could extend his nose for long distance combat.
- Strength: Badpipes was a very strong monster, withstanding many attacks and being able to overwhelm four Rangers in one battle.
- Armor: Badpipes appeared to wear armor which protected him from most attacks such as multiple slashes from the Star Blades.
to be added
- Claws: Even without his bagpipes and fans, Badpipes had claws to aid him in combat.
- Hand Fan: Badpipes's main weapon was a hand fan that can be used in combat and was able to block the Star Blades with ease.
- Energy Reflection: Badpipes' fan could be used to reflect energy attacks.
- Larger Fan: Badpipes carried a larger fan for combat.
- Wind Blast: Badpipes could use his larger fan to unleash destructive gusts of wind to blow his enemies away. It was powerful enough to knock away the Ninja Steel Megazord.
- Energy Reflection: Badpipes' fan could be used to reflect energy attacks like his regular fan.
- Hypno Bagpipes: Badpipes used bagpipes that could hypnotize anyone who hears it.
Behind the Scenes
- Badpipes was voiced by Kelson Henderson who also portrayed Mick Kanic.
- Ironically, due to the Rangers spending the episode in a forest, Mick didn't appear in the same episode as Badpipes.
- Badpipes was based upon a Scot and the Japanese Youkai known as the Tengu whereas his nose resembled a clarinet.
- His name was a portmantau of bad and bagpipes.
- Badpipes's Sentai counterpart did not have the bagpipes that hypnotized the Rangers since they were created exclusively for the series.
- Power Rangers Ninja Steel
- Episode 6: My Friend Redbot
- Power Rangers Dino Fury
- Season 2
- Episode 2: The Festival (archive footage only)
- Season 2