|This article is about a/an villain in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "Uh, did we do something wrong?"
Baboo was the more intelligent of a dimwitted duo consisting of him and Squatt. He was tall, slim, blue-skinned, and vampiric, and resembles a cross between a monkey and a bat with crippled wings. He wore a monocle over his left eye and what appeared to be a pocket watch on his chest. Like Finster, he mainly worked behind the lines. Though spineless and scatterbrained, he was highly creative. He served as Rita's alchemist and potion maker, creating substances and devices for her to use. Notable creations include a time device, a punk potion, the monster Shellshock, and the Knasty Knight's sword. Baboo was rarely confident in his mistress' plans, but would never say this to her face.
|This article contains content in reference to the main TV series, as well as supplemental material, such as the comics. A sliding/floating timeline applies. Story instances for TV and other media will be clearly marked.|
In the past he was the alchemist for King Batuee of the pongies, who order him to create a potion of invincibility against Rita and her army. Baboo pleaded with the king to be cautious as he was not sure if the potion was ready, the king ignored him as both he and his army drank it, turning to stone. In anger the remaining Pongies shackled Baboo and left him to rot as they abandon the planet rather than to be conquered. When Rita, Squatt and Finster reached the castle, they found Baboo deep in despair and ready for death. But instead Rita decide to invite Baboo to become her official alchemist.
Although Baboo was almost always paired with Squatt (often going to Earth to scheme or cheer on Goldar and/or Scorpina in battle, rather than take part in a fight himself) he was still shown to be reasonably intelligent. In fact, on two occasions he nearly managed to succeed in destroying the Rangers; first being "Power Ranger Punks", where he helped out Terror Toad and the second being when he created Shellshock in "The Trouble with Shellshock". However with the arrival of Lord Zedd, Baboo soon became as dimwitted with Squatt with the two being reduced to hanging around in the background of the moon palace. Baboo disappeared during the Power Rangers: Zeo series, when fleeing from the Machine Empire with his masters.
Sometime after the events of Shattered Grid Lord Zedd made him his new dark Black Ranger.
Dark Black Ranger
- to be added
- to be added
- Baboo's hobbies included capturing birds and small animals in his extendable scapular (shoulder) claws.
- Rita only kept Baboo around because he was an excellent scapegoat (someone to blame things on) and sycophant (someone who gives praise to others).
- Baboo hated to be late, which is why he wore three watches, but he unfortunately had never learned to tell time.
- In the first episode of Power Rangers S.P.D., an alien with the head of Baboo can be seen when Jack Landors and Z were giving clothes to the poor.
- Out of all of Rita/Zedd's henchman, Baboo's appearance was the one that changed the most in Original footage as compared to the Zyuranger footage. Most notably his face, where his red lips were considerably smaller in the Zyuranger sequences in contrast to the original ones. Also, though his face was pale initially, it was changed to purple for newer sequences. In addition, while he mostly stood upright during the Zyuranger footage, the original scenes mostly had him slouching and he was also somewhat closer to Squatt in terms of size, though the Japanese scenes clearly show that he was taller than the latter.
- The reason for such a drastic change in appearance was because, in Zyuranger, (unlike Bookback/Squatt and Grifforzer/Goldar), the suit actor (which was usually Hideaki Kusaka) didn’t wear a full mask. It covered most of his head but left his mouth and eyes exposed so that he could properly emote.
- According to the original script for the pilot version of Day of the Dumpster, Baboo's name was going to be Mongo. In addition, while his voice was still supplied by Dave Mallow, it sounded much deeper and vampiric than the more moronic voice used in the series. Before that, in the first draft of the original script, Baboo was called Japanja as a homage to the show's country of origin.
- The character Wrench from the Dino Charge season is portrayed similar to Baboo and sounds similar to him which was a conscious decision by Wrench's voice actor Estevez Gillespie.
- Baboo is one of the few characters that did not appear in the movie Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie.
- Issue seven of Go Go Power Rangers confirmed that his homeworld is 'Planet of the Pongies' while simultaneously expanding his backstory to show HOW Baboo became employed in Rita's service.
|Power Rangers (Boom Studios)|
|Jason Lee Scott - Zack Taylor - Billy Cranston - Trini Kwan - Kimberly Ann Hart - Tommy Oliver|
|The 1969 Rangers|
|Grace Sterling - Nikolai Chukarin - Terona Washington - Daniel O'Halloran - Jamie Gilmore|
|The All-New Power Rangers|
|Britt - Serge|
|Promethea Rangers/Solar Rangers|
|Kimberly Ann Hart - Mike Corbett - Tanya Sloan - Heckyl - Cameron Watanabe - Andros - Ellarien - Remi|
|Post-Shattered Grid Rangers|
|Adam Park - Aisha Campbell - Rocky DeSantos - Matthew Cook|
|Zordon - Alpha 5 - Ninjor - Dr. K - Amanda - XI - Yale of Saard - The Justice League|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles|
|Leonardo - Raphael - Michelangelo - Donatello - April O'Neil|
|Guardians of Eltar|
|Zophram - Zartus - Zordon - Zelya|
|Bulk - Skull - Ms. Appleby - Ernie - Mrs. Pruitt - Roger Hart - Helen Hart - Mrs. Kwan - Mrs. Oliver - Mr. Cranston - Mrs. Cranston - Violet Arias - Sam Scott|
|Evil Space Aliens|
|Rita Repulsa - Lord Zedd - Dayne - Goldar - Squat - Baboo - Scorpina - Putty Patrollers|
|Sir Locks-A-Lot - Vixenya - Commandant - Vitruvian Man Giant - Black Dragon - Unnamed Plant Monster - Double Disastron - Karmadillo - Boarlock - Goth Sloth - Crowverload - Mr. Meowgi - Wizard of Deception - Psycho Green - Sheeple - Crystal Cryptid - Monsieur Muster - Mutant Rangers|
|Go Go Power Rangers Monsters|
|Flog - Putty Infiltrator - Montaur - Rammerhead - Pudgy Pig - Megaputty - Stabasaurus Rex - Warbunny - Nimrod the Scarlet Sentinel - AC - DC|
|Shattered Grid and Beyond the Grid|
|Lauren Shiba - Jen Scotts - Dark Ranger - Space Rangers - Ninja Steel Rangers - Carter Grayson - HyperForce Rangers - Mike Corbett - Ari - Remi|
|World of the Coinless|
|Zack - Trini - Saba - Ranger Slayer - Skull - Billy - Jason - Bulk - Aisha Campbell - Matt - Scorpina - Adam Park|
|Shattered Grid: Lord Drakkon - Finster 5 - Ranger Sentries - Rita Repulsa - Koragg, The Knight Wolf - A-Squad - Psycho Rangers - Cogs - Grinders|
|Beyond the Grid: Praetor|
|Mighty Morphin Power Rangers|
|0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35 - 36 - 37 - 38 - 39 - 40 - 41 - 42 - 43 - 44 - 45 - 46 - 47 - 48 - 49 - 50 - 51 - 52 - 53 - 54 - 55|
|Go Go Power Rangers|
|1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32|
|1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8|
|1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8|
|Power Rangers Unlimited|
|Heir to Darkness - Edge of Darkness|
|Annuals/Specials and Crossovers|
|2016 Annual - 2017 Annual - 2018 Annual - Anniversary Special - Free Comic Book Day 2018 Special - Shattered Grid Finale - Back To School Special - Forever Rangers|
|Justice League/Power Rangers|
|Issue 1 - Issue 2 - Issue 3 - Issue 4 - Issue 5 - Issue 6|
|Mighty Morphin Power Rangers/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles|
|MMPR/TMNT Issue 1 - MMPR/TMNT Issue 2 - MMPR/TMNT Issue 3 - MMPR/TMNT Issue 4 - MMPR/TMNT Issue 5|
|View • Edit|