|This article is about a/an villain in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "Uh, did we do something wrong?"
Baboo was the more intelligent of a dimwitted duo consisting of him and Squatt. He was tall, slim, black, and vampiric, and resembles a cross between a monkey and a bat with crippled wings. He wore a monocle over his left eye and what appeared to be a pocket watch on his chest. Like Finster, he mainly worked behind the lines. Though spineless and scatterbrained, he was highly creative. He served as Rita's alchemist and potion maker, creating substances and devices for her to use. Notable creations include a time device, a punk potion, the monster Shellshock, and the Knasty Knight's sword. Baboo was rarely confident in his mistress' plans, but would never say this to her face.
During the first series of the show, although Baboo was almost always paired with Squatt (often going to Earth to scheme or cheer on Goldar and/or Scorpina in battle, rather than take part in a fight himself) he was still shown to be reasonably intelligent. In fact, on two occasions he nearly managed to succeed in destroying the Rangers; first being "Power Ranger Punks", where he helped out Terror Toad and the second being when he created Shellshock in "The Trouble with Shellshock". However with the arrival of Lord Zedd, Baboo soon became as dimwitted with Squatt with the two being reduced to hanging around in the background of the moon palace. Baboo disappeared during the Power Rangers: Zeo series, when fleeing from the Machine Empire with his masters.
- Baboo's hobbies included capturing birds and small animals in his extendable scapular (shoulder) claws.
- Rita only kept Baboo around because he was an excellent scapegoat (someone to blame things on) and sycophant (someone who gives praise to others).
- Baboo hated to be late, which is why he wore three watches, but he unfortunately had never learned to tell time.
- In the first episode of Power Rangers S.P.D., an alien with the head of Baboo can be seen when Jack Landors and Z were giving clothes to the poor.
- Out of all of Rita/Zedd's henchman, Baboo's appearance was the one that changed the most in Original footage as compared to the Zyuranger footage. Most notably his face, where his red lips were considerably smaller in the Zyuranger sequences in contrast to the original ones. Also, though his face was pale initially, it was changed to purple for newer sequences. In addition, while he mostly stood upright during the Zyuranger footage, the original scenes mostly had him slouching and he was also somewhat closer to Squatt in terms of size, though the Japanese scenes clearly show that he was taller than the latter.
- The reason for such a drastic change in appearance was because, in Zyuranger, (unlike Bookback/Squatt and Grifforzer/Goldar), the suit actor (which was usually Hideaki Kusaka) didn’t wear a full mask. It covered most of his head but left his mouth and eyes exposed so that he could properly emote.
- According to the original script for the pilot version of Day of the Dumpster, Baboo's name was going to be Mongo. In addition, while his voice was still supplied by Dave Mallow, it sounded much deeper and vampiric than the more moronic voice used in the series. Before that, in the first draft of the original script, Baboo was called Japanja as a homage to the show's country of origin.
- The character Wrench from the Dino Charge season is portrayed similar to Baboo and sounds similar to him which was a conscious decision by Wrench's voice actor Estevez Gillespie.
- Baboo is one of the few characters that did not appear in the movie Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie.