|This article is about a/an ally turned villain in Uchu Sentai Kyuranger.|
It is revealed that he is somehow still alive, but had fallen under the control of Don Armage.
He was first remembered in a flashback by Lucky where he gave his son a companion known as Caesar. When his son was still a boy, however, Kaien would come under attack by Kukuruga of the Space Shogunate Jark Matter. Though Aslan saw to it that Lucky was saved and raised on the planet Luth in the Kojishi System by his servant, Aslan and his wife were seperated from Lucky.
Years later, when Lucky returned to Luth after searching for his parents, he was informed by his guardian that Aslan, though still alive, had submitted to Jark Matter and was oppressing his people. It later became apparent that the real Aslan had been murdered by Kukuruga during the invasion of Kaien, and replaced by an impostor by a Jark Matter Karo named Jumotsu. This impostor was exposed and eliminated by the Kyurangers, and the crown of Kaien was left to Lucky.
However, it is revealed that his death was fake and still alive but turned into Don Armage's puppet in an armored form until briefly freed by his son when his mask was destroyed. However, it is only temporary as Don Armage re-possessed him once again.
From Lucky's flashbacks as a boy prior to being possessed by Don Armage, Aslan was a caring man who loved his family. However, when possessed by Don Armage, he becomes a man loyal only to the Jark Matter and is even willing to kill his own son.
Behind the scenes
- Aslan being taken control of by Don Armage in an armored form, while only briefly regaining his own self when the mask is destroyed, is similar to the situation between Utsusemimaru and Raging Knight Dogold from Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.
- Aslan being the main protagonist's father who is revealed to have turned to the dark side having previously believed to have been slain brings to mind Darth Vader from the Star Wars franchise, however, the difference is, Aslan was unwillingly turned to the dark side, while Anakin Skywalker willingly turns himself into the dark side.
- Aslan being posessed by the main villain also resembles how Heavenly Saint Blagel from Mahou Sentai Magiranger was turned as evil servant of the villains and fighting his own family.
- Aslan being brainwashed and Lucky trying to save him also resembles the Andros-Astronema/Karone arc from Power Rangers in Space. Coincidently both series are space themed.
- Uchu Sentai Kyuranger
- Space.12: 11 Ultimate All-Stars (Indirect mention only)
- Space.36: The Legend That Sleeps in Lucky's Homeworld
- Space.37: Lucky, Seen Again With His Father
- Space.41: Rushing! Planet Southern Cross (Major appearance in person)
- Space.42: My Father? The Universe? Lucky's Resolution