|This article is about a/an ally turned temporary villain in Uchu Sentai Kyuranger.|
- "Having you as my son...Yossha...Lucky."
- ―Aslan’s last word using his son’s catchphrase during his noble sacrifice[src]
It is revealed that he is somehow still alive, but had fallen under the control of Don Armage, until Lucky freed him. Yet, Aslan decide to sacrifice his life for his son to take care of the former’s throne and saving the universe.
He was first remembered in a flashback by Lucky where he gave his son a companion known as Caesar. When his son was still a boy, however, Kaien would come under attack by Kukuruga of the Space Shogunate Jark Matter. Though Aslan saw to it that Lucky was saved and raised on the planet Luth in the Kojishi System by his servant, Aslan and his wife were seperated from Lucky.
Years later, when Lucky returned to Luth after searching for his parents, he was informed by his guardian that Aslan, though still alive, had submitted to Jark Matter and was oppressing his people. It later became apparent that the real Aslan had been murdered by Kukuruga during the invasion of Kaien, and replaced by an impostor by a Jark Matter Karo named Jumotsu. This impostor was exposed and eliminated by the Kyurangers, and the crown of Kaien was left to Lucky.
Return and Noble Sacrifice
However, it is revealed that his death was fake and still alive but turned into Don Armage's puppet in an armored form until briefly freed by his son when his mask was destroyed, warning Lucky to flee for his own safety. However, it is only temporary as Don Armage re-possessed him once again.
As the Kyurangers devised their plan to use the Black Hole Kyutama in the Black Hole Generator to pull the Platnetium Bomb into nothingness, Aslan, turned into Don Armage's puppet, battled his son for the last time. As he was about to kill his son, Lucky’s Shishi Kyutama glowed with power, distracting Aslan and giving Lucky an opportunity to destroy the mask and finally free Aslan from Don Armage’s possession. Aslan later aided the Kyurangers and his son to finish Don Armage and the cyborg Madakko. When Armage attempted to murder Aslan, the freed Kaien king managed to dodge the shogun’s attacks, yet unknowingly causing the shot to hit the Black Hole Generator instead, deactivating it. As Balance inform his allies that re-activating the Black Hole Kyutama requires someone to stay behind and activate the generator manually, Aslan decided to finish the job in place of his son. Before his noble sacrifice, Aslan tells Lucky that it is his job as a father to ensure his son’s survival, bidding his son a final farewell with one last hug.
Prior to being possessed by Don Armage, Aslan is a caring man who loved his family, and his people. When being possessed by Don Armage, he becomes a brainwashed man, loyal only to the Jark Matter and being forced into willingly kill his own son under the shogun’s control.
Behind the scenes
- Aslan's armor design is based on Kayapo the Scythian artifact.
- Aslan being taken control of by Don Armage in an armored form, while only briefly regaining his own self when the mask is destroyed, is similar to the situation between Utsusemimaru and Raging Knight Dogold from Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.
- Aslan being the main protagonist's father who is revealed to have turned to the dark side having previously believed to have been slain brings to mind Darth Vader from the Star Wars franchise, however, the difference is, Aslan was unwillingly turned to the dark side, while Anakin Skywalker willingly turns himself into the dark side.
- Aslan being posessed by the main villain also resembles how Heavenly Saint Blagel from Mahou Sentai Magiranger was turned as evil servant of the villains and fighting his own family.
- Aslan being brainwashed and Lucky trying to save him also resembles the Andros-Astronema/Karone arc from Power Rangers in Space. Coincidently both series are space themed.
- Uchu Sentai Kyuranger
- Space.12: 11 Ultimate All-Stars (Indirect mention only)
- From Episode of Stinger, Uchu Sentai Kyuranger: High School Wars 3rd Period: Science Class (mentioned only)
- Space.36: The Legend That Sleeps in Lucky's Homeworld
- Space.37: Lucky, Seen Again With His Father
- Space.41: Rushing! Planet Southern Cross (Major appearance in person)
- Space.42: My Father? The Universe? Lucky's Resolution
- Space.43: Lucky’s Promise on the Holy Night (Last appearance and death)