|This article is about a/an villain in Shuriken Sentai Ninninger.|
- "It is I... The bewitching witch of turbulent times, Ariake no Kata's first words upon being revived."
- ―Ariake's introduction.[src]
- "What?! Those disgusting Igasaki ninjas are fighting amongst themselves?! We might be able to use this."
- ―Ariake no Kata after watching the Ninnin Boys vs Ninnin Girls video and revealing she was still alive.[src]
Ariake No Kata was one of three generals that served under the warlord Gengetsu Kibaoni in the past, with her mask being preserved after her death.
Ariake No Kata was the last of Kibaoni's generals to be revived by Kyuemon Izayoi in the present day. Though Kyuemon hoped not to revive her until later, the page of Kibaoni saw no choice but to do so after witnessing the Last Ninja's grandchildren use the power of Lion Ha-Oh to destroy the Advanced Youkai Nue, proceeding to infuse her mask with collected fear energy.
Even after her husband's return, she remains unsettled due to her son's death and wishing he was still alive. She becomes more unsettled when she learns that Kyuemon is Kibaoni's son born from a concubine, information that almost left her broken. During Shinobi 46, she fought against AoNinger and StarNinger and after being defeated by them, is absorbed by her husband.
Ninnin Girls vs. Boys FINAL WARS
Two years after the deaths of Kyuemon and Gengetsu Kibaoni, the Kibaoni Army Corps had all but ceased to exist and the Ninningers had gone their separate ways. However, the immense hatred Ariake had for the Ninningers over their killing of Mangetsu had revived her and she had been plotting revenge for two years. She revived Daidarabotchi, Umibozu, and Nurikabe and sent them with some Jukkarage to attack Takaharu (who had become a martial arts teacher in the intervening time). Seeing the online video about the Ninnin Girls and Ninnin Boys' new rivalry, she decided to exploit this to gather enough fear to revive Mangetsu. Her ultimate goal was to revive Mangetsu and raise a Youkai army that would be too much for the Ninningers and allow her to get revenge on the Earth for her husband and son's death.
Later, she returned to Tokyo with an army of Jukkarage to lure out her archenemies. Once the Ninnin Girls (now joined by Luna Kokonoe as NinninGreen) arrived, she disguised herself as a human woman and had a Jukkarage attack her, forcing Kasumi Momochi to defend her so Ariake could blast her back. She then revealed herself and unveiled the newly revived Juza Yumihari to fight and hopefully kill them. She revealed how they returned and that she had been waiting for the Ninningers to split up as she had been aware of the gender ratio between the members. She then let Juza fight them alone after he insisted only to leave once the collected amount of fear was sufficient to revive Mangetsu.
Video Game appearances
Super Sentai Battle Base
Ariake no Kata is among the vast pantheon of villains which appear in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
Ariake is an imperious, shrewish woman who is extremely vain, often using the fear Kyuemon Izayoi gathers as a beauty aid to wipe away her wrinkles so she will remain beautiful when Gengetsu Kibaoni returns. Whenever something goes wrong, or otherwise becomes upset, she is quick to blame and scold either Izayoi or Masakage Tsugomori while demanding that either of them fix it. Despite being a very powerful combatant, Ariake is more than willing to flee a battle in order to preserve herself and her beauty, leaving the yokai to finish battling the Ninningers. When her son is born, she is totally devoted to him, and doesn't mind his abusive treatment of her.
Powers and Abilities
- She is an adapt fighter and, when fighting along side Jukkarage, she is capable of holding her ground against multiple Ninningers.
- The Jurisen (呪裏扇 Cursed Hidden Fan) hand fan used both as a melee weapon as well as launching explosive projectiles from it.
- Gangataikaku (含牙戴角, "Fang and Horn") naginata that belonged to her husband. She used it after she and Mangetsu revived and she took over the Kibaoni Army Corp.
- Height: 192 cm
- Weight: 203 kg
Behind the Scenes
Araike No Kata is voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi (三石 琴乃 Mitsuishi Kotono), who made a cameo appear in Come Back! Shuriken Sentai Ninninger: Ninnin Girls vs. Boys FINAL WARS as her human disguise. Her suit actor is Satoshi Fujita (藤田 慧 Fujita Satoshi).
- Ariake No Kata's name refers to the moon on the 26th day of a cycle, where it makes a crescent along the left face, which is a typical depiction of a "crescent moon"
- Ariake No Kata's facial design features an incomplete Onna-kei mask from Noh theatre, with the missing section being the eyes and nose area.
- Ariake No Kata is likely based on the Ao nyōbō based on their similar personalities.
- She is the second villainess to be married to the main villain of the season since Empress Hysteria from Chouriki Sentai Ohranger.
- Ariake's counterpart, Badonna is confirmed to appear in Super Ninja Steel as she has been seen with Sledge and Wrench in the ruined Warrior Dome, and with Madame Odius and an unnamed monster (later revealed as Smellaphant) in the trailer and the first episode of Super Ninja Steel called Echoes of Evil.