|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue.|
- ""Did somebody say monster? Arachnor is my name and sordid matters are, shall we say, my game.""
- ―Arachnor's first words when introducing himself to the other villains."[src]
- ""You will not defeat me!""
- ―Arachnor after being shot from a pylon he was standing on by Carter and his final words before his destruction[src]
He was later among the demons absorbed by Olympius.
Arachnor officially debuts in the thirty fifth episode. He was summoned by Diabolico to attack the city. Arachnor was a very powerful monster as he could scan Rangers's weapons and find their weak places. The monster also could make a strong web. Arachnor also could make spider eggs and he needed to feed his babies. Arachnor attacked the city with an army of Batlings and started kidnapping people. The Rangers appeared and destroyed the Batlings, but Arachnor scanned the weapon of Rangers and disappeared. In the next encounter Arachnor fought only with four Rangers without Carter. Arachnor easily defeated the Rangers as he knew their weapons and captured them. When Carter appeared Arachnor turned into a spider and followed Carter to the Aquabase. The sinister spider monster kidnapped all people on the Aquabase including Captain Mitchell and Mrs Fairweather, and h3ld them captive in the web. The Rangers are held captive in a web, along with other civilian victims. The spider eggs are in the center and were about to hatch. But the baby spiders and web were destroyed by Carter's Rescue Blaster who also freed the Rangers. Carter then used the Trans Armor Cycle to form his new Batalizer at which point he fought Arachnor. The monster was angered when his scans couldn't comprehend such a well designed device and shot Carter but the wheels on his shoulders deflected them. He then shot her from the pylon and shot forth the tires to force the monster into flying at him. Carter then destroyed Arachnor for good with a single charged shot from his arm blasters.
Arachnor is a very aggressive monster that will do anything to feed his babies. He is shown to be very devious, manipulative and unpredictable as he kidnapped the Rangers and all people on the Aquabase. He is also highly arrogant and confident as he underestimated Carter and it finally led to his demise. But he is also loyal to Diabolico.
Powers And Abilities
- Webbing: Being a spider-type demon, Arachnor can produce webbing.
- Energy Laser Web: From his three-clawed right arm or mouth, Arachnor can fire a light blue energy laser that will turn into a sticky web on contact with his pray.
- Teleportation: Any one caught in his web will be teleported by Arachnor.
- Scan: Arachnor can scan the Rangers' weapons by flashing his eyes and making them digitised.
- Teleportation: Arachnor can teleport to any location at will.
- Wall Climbed: Being a spider-type monster, Arachnor can climb walls.
- Spider Transformation: Arachnor can transform into a spider at will.
- Claws: Archnor has clawed hands for combat.
- Blue Lightning-Arachnor can fire blue lightning from his hands.
- Fireballs: Arachnor can shoot fireballs from his three-clawed right arm.
Behind The Scenes
- Arachnor is voiced by Catherine Battistone, who is infamous for being the first voice for Alpha 6 in Power Rangers Turbo.
- Like Smogger and Moleman, Arachnor does not get revive into a giant and engaged in a Megazord battle unlike his Japanese counterpart.
- Spiderus, Arachnor's counterpart, was originally the first monster attacked and killed by the V-Lancers before being grown and destroyed by the counterpart of the Lightspeed Megazord.
- The reason that this was changed was because they wanted to include Ryan as a character, who did not exist in GoGoV, and wished to find a new way to defeat him. The entire reason the Trans-Armour Cycle exists is to cover the plot hole that he couldn't be defeated by the V-Lancers due to thier very simple designs.
- Arachnor is the first and only monster to be fought by the Trans Armor Cycle since The only other times it was used were during "Rise of the Super Demons " alongside the to destroy Olympious and in the Lightspeed Time Force team-up where it destroyed Vypra for good.
- Arachnor is one of the more gender confusing monsters in Lightspeed Rescue, due to it having spider eggs, many fans believed that Arachnor was a female monster, but he has a more male-like voice and was refereed to as such.
- Arachnor is the third and final monster to be based on an insect, the first being Thunderclaw, and the second being Mantevil.
- In the Power Rangers S.P.D. episode "Idol," Arachnor's head and arms were recycled for an S.P.D. cadet that is present when Anubis Cruger returns to Delta Base.
- Arachnor is unique among Lightspeed Rescue monsters as he was not created from one of jinxter's card monsters and seemed to simply be a pre-existing monster that aligned himself with the Demons, possibly to prevent them from destroying him if they took over the world.