|This article is about a/an ranger in Power Rangers Dino Charge.|
|"No, thank you. My boy, you helped me find my courage. And you also made me realize that I can't remain a Power Ranger."|
|―Albert Smith when he was talking to Tyler[src]|
Based on previously released toys and roll calls from the Purple Ranger version of Kendall, he can also be referred to as the Plesiosaurus Power Ranger Purple.
Albert Smith is a self-proclaimed adventurer and Bigfoot hunter. He owns Bigfoot Tours, a small tour business in New Zealand. He is also a freelance photographer. One photo of his involving sightings of Sledge's ship was featured in the newspaper prompts Chase to invite the Rangers to New Zealand to find out what's going on.
Albert eventually meets the Rangers in his corner of the woods at his tour site and then later to their surprise encounters them as the Purple Ranger. Albert shies away from the battle before revealing his identity once the battle was over.
Albert, deathly fearful of monsters, takes one last go at being a Ranger when Tyler falls once more under the hands of Iceage. He tricks Iceage and Stingrage into falling into his Bigfoot traps by feigning back pain and poor swordsmanship. Albert decides to no longer be a Ranger and, with Keeper's help, severs the bond with his Energem.
Albert sees himself as a fraud, having faked encounters with Bigfoot. He is, however, truly an adventurer. He also has a big heart, saving a lost child in the cold mountains. This is where the Purple Energem chooses him to be a Ranger. However, as he is actually secretly afraid of monsters, he stays away from battle, paralyzed by fear despite his surprising physical prowess.
Dino Charge Purple Ranger
|"Plesio Charger, Engage!"|
|―Transformation announcement via Dino Charge Morpher[src]|
- Dino Charger #9 - Plesio Charger (Plesiosaurus)
- Dino Charge Morpher
- Dino Saber
- Dino Com
- Purple Energem
Appearances: DC Episode 17
Morph and Roll Call
- Albert is the only Power Ranger to have been a one-off character.
- He is the only male Ranger to be replaced by a female Ranger.
- He is the only Ranger to never meet his successor.
- Albert is the only Dino Charge Ranger not to have access to any power-ups such as Dino Steel, Dino Armor X, Dino Drive and Dino Super Drive.
Behind the Scenes
- Albert Smith was portrayed by Arthur Ranford. At 67 years old, Arthur Ranford is the oldest actor in either Super Sentai or Power Rangers to play a Ranger, being older than actor Takashi Sasano (Yoshitaka Igasaki, who became a Ranger after Albert's debut) by three months and six days.
- His last name was first read out loud by Riley as seen on a newspaper photo credit, then mentioned a few more times in his episode. However, he is simply credited as "Albert".
- As the Purple Dino Charge Ranger, his suit actor was Yugo Fujii (藤井 祐伍 Fujii Yūgo) in Super Sentai footage from Kyoryuger.
Kat • RJ • Phillip • Albert • Kendall
|View • Talk • Edit|