|This article is about a/an episode in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.|
|WARNING: This episode contains scenes of graphic violence and blood. Viewer discretion is advised!|
The Father and Son Bears (親子熊 Oyakoguma) is the twenty-first episode of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. It features the appearance of Chiaki's father and the previous Shinken Green, Kurando Tani, as well as taking place in the middle of a crossover with Kamen Rider Decade.
In the midst of other problems, Chiaki must save Mako and others from a hostage crisis as Shinken Pink discovers more about his personal style through Chiaki's father.
The Shinkengers battle a group of Nanashi Company with no accompanying Ayakashi sent out by a strange warrior. Because the attack seems so random, Takeru is concerned and has the Shinkengers search the area. An unusual Kuroko lifts his veil as the Shinkengers leave the scene.
After searching and not finding anything, Chiaki talks Mako into not returning to the mansion to train. Instead, they go into a family restaurant where they talk about Jii's hip until they run into Chiaki's father Kurando Tani. When another patron of the restaurant takes a woman as his hostage, Chiaki manages to get everyone out with him but Mako, Kurando, and a mother with her baby. Finding similar humans, Chiaki attempts to stop them as he realizes they all have red eggs on their heads. While the others deal with the Ayakashi Sasamatage who is to blame, Chiaki and Mako manage to set up a plan to free everyone while Kurando fights some Nanashi Company members by himself. By the time they arrive, the other Shinkengers successfully destroy Sasamatage who revives in his giant form. The group use Tenku-Shinkenoh to fight Sasamatage with Shinken Gold arriving in Daikaioh to quickly destroy the Ayakashi as a young woman witnesses the battle.
After the fight, Takeru encounters a strange man who warns him of that his world is endangered by the presence of a person known as Decade. He later crosses paths with a strange kuroko who reveals his true identity.
- Takeru Shiba (志葉 丈瑠 Shiba Takeru): Tori Matsuzaka (松坂 桃李 Matsuzaka Tōri)
- Ryunosuke Ikenami (池波 流ノ介 Ikenami Ryūnosuke): Hiroki Aiba (相葉 裕樹 Aiba Hiroki)
- Mako Shiraishi (白石 茉子 Shiraishi Mako): Rin Takanashi (高梨 臨 Takanashi Rin)
- Chiaki Tani (谷 千明 Tani Chiaki): Shogo Suzuki (鈴木 勝吾 Suzuki Shōgo)
- Kotoha Hanaori (花織 ことは Hanaori Kotoha): Suzuka Morita (森田 涼花 Morita Suzuka)
- Genta Umemori (梅盛 源太 Umemori Genta): Keisuke Sohma (相馬 圭祐 Sōma Keisuke)
- Hikoma Kusakabe (日下部 彦馬 Kusakabe Hikoma): Gorou Ibuki (伊吹 吾郎 Ibuki Gorō)
- Sasamatage (ササマタゲ Voice): Mitsuaki Hoshino (星野 充昭 Hoshino Mitsuaki)
- Chinomanako (チノマナコ Voice): Ryūzaburō Ōtomo (大友 龍三郎 Ōtomo Ryūzaburō)
- Kurando Tani (谷 蔵人 Tani Kurando): Kenichiro Kikuchi (菊池健一郎 Kikuchi Kenichirō)
- Criminal: Shiro Namiki (並樹史朗 Namiki Shirō)
- Mother: Naoko Tamura (田村直子 Tamura Naoko)
- Child: Ryoga Nakanishi (中西龍雅 Nakanishi Ryōga)
- Man: Hiroyuki Muraoka (村岡 弘之 Muraoka Hiroyuki)
- Tsukasa Kadoya (門矢 士 Kadoya Tsukasa): Masahiro Inoue (井上 正大 Inoue Masahiro)
- Natsumi Hikari (光 夏海 Hikari Natsumi): Kanna Mori (森 カンナ Mori Kanna)
- Eijiro Hikari (光 栄次郎 Hikari Eijirō): Renji Ishibashi (石橋 蓮司 Ishibashi Renji)
- Narutaki (鳴滝): Tatsuhito Okuda (奥田 達士 Okuda Tatsuhito)
- Shinken Red - Shishi (Shinkenmaru - Kaen no Mai), Kyoutsuu (Rekka Daizantou), Shishi (Rekka Daizantou), Hidden Shield, Tora (Tora Origami)
- Shinken Blue - Ryuu (Shinkenmaru - Suiryuu to Tsuchikemuri no Mai), Hidden Shield, Kajiki (Kajiki Origami)
- Shinken Pink - Hidden Shield
- Shinken Green - Hidden Shield, Kabuto (Kabuto Origami)
- Shinken Yellow - Saru (Shinkenmaru - Suiryuu to Tsuchikemuri no Mai), Hidden Shield
- Shinken Gold - Sushi (Sushi Changer), Ebi (Ebi Origami), DaiKaiOh Change (East), DaiKaiOh Change (West)
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider Decade episode 25, Heretic Rider, Go Forth!; concluding the Decade/Shinkenger crossover started the previous week.
- Viewership: 6.5%
- Key Title Kanji: 熊 (Bear; referring to the Origami of the two Shinken Green of the Tani family, Chiaki and Kurando)
- Although a Shinkenger episode, this episode is also the connecting episode between the two parts of the "Shinkenger World" crossover of Kamen Rider Decade.
Home video releases
- The second volume of the Samurai Sentai Shinkenger Blu-Ray Box Set comes with episodes 17-33, including the Kamen Rider Decade crossover, and was released on April 11th 2014 at a cost of 20,790 yen.