|This article is about a/an monster of the week in Tensou Sentai Goseiger.|
- ""My research tells me that this is how life on Earth functions...at least, until I'm through with them. It's only a matter of time until I've learnt everything that there is to know.""
- ―Abauta of the Research's first words when scanning over Earth and learning of our society.[src]
- ""There you are. I was not sure when to expect you. Call me Avauta of the Research. I predict that my research will soon bring this planet to ruin.""
- ―Abatau when confronted by the Goseigers.[src]
- ""You will not interfere with my research any further!""
- ―Abauta when growing.[src]
Abauta of the Research (研究のアバウタ Kenkyū no Abauta) is a Zuteramedorop Alien (ズテラメドロプ星人 Zuteramedoropu Seijin) working for the Universal Annihilation Army Warstar, able to observe and research of an opponent, to avoid the same attacks his opponents make.
Abauta is brought to Earth by Mons Drake to study it and find the proper information to deal both with the planet and with the Gosei Angels protecting it. In his initial battle, he takes all of the Goseigers attacks in order to study their methods and see a way to defeat them.
By the time his research is completed, Abauta's decided method is to destroy the planet's plant life, thus depriving Earth of oxygen and killing all lifeforms. The Goseiger try to fight him but his study of their weapons and methods were enough to defeat all three tribes with ease. However Agri, through his studying with a farmer, uses the methods of how to pull and take care of daikon radishes to attack Abauta, ultimately slashing him with a hoeing method with his Landick Axe to damage him and take him down with the Black Attack, forcing Buredoran to grow him with the Bibi Bugs.
As a giant, Abauta realizes instantly that the weakness of Gosei Great is the legs controlled by Gosei Snake, making it attack only for Gosei Black to summon the Landick Brothers to prevent the attack from going through. Forming Landick Gosei Great, the Goseiger make quick work of the researcher and finish him off with the Landick Strike.
- Its main ability is a highly adept mind which it uses to study and analyze all information presented to it in order to find a proper, logical solution. It also can fire beams from its mouth and is a skilled flyer.
Behind the Scenes
Abauta of the Research was portrayed by Akio Nojima
- Movie Reference: Abauta's name is from Avatar (アバター Abatā).
- His methods refer to both sides of the human expedition to planet Pandora: the researchers who wish to study the planet and the military who wish to destroy the life for mineral resources.
- Abauta is modeled after a dobsonfly.
- His home planet, "Zuteramedorop" (ズテラメドロプ), is "Protohermes" (プロトエルメス) scrambled and with several kana removed, which is a dobsonfly genus.
- He is one of the several Universal Insect Monsters that were never got adapted into Universal Insect Monsters. The others were Yuzeikusu of the Ice & Snow, Fandaho of Nonsense, Kurasuniigo of 5000°C, Yokubabanger of the Electric Shock, Powereddark of the Mutation, Targate of the Satellite, and Dorunpasu of the Revival.
- Some of his personality does go to Yuffo.
- His motif is based off a dobsonfly and a scientist.