10) Rangers of Two Worlds: For PR’s first crossover between 2 ranger teams, this was EPIC!!! It was so cool to see these two teams fight together, especially since they knew each other prior to Zeo. And the fact that the monster was a combination of 2 different monster styles from 2 different teams of villains made it a whole lot cooler. Not my favorite team up, but definitely a memorable one.
9) Goldar and Rito working for Bulk and Skull: This, was SO FUNNY. I never would’ve thought we would see Angel Grove’s comedic duo, and the moon palace’s comedic duo have such interactions. Nor did I think they would interact at all. It was so funny to see these two monsters with amnesia treat Bulk and Skull like they’re their kings. And once they regained their memories halfway through the season, you knew it was about to get real, and that Bulk and Skull wouldn’t know what hit them.
8) Super Zeo Megazord VS. King Mondo: This megazord fight was epic. This was the rangers’ toughest megazord battle yet, as it was up against the big bad of the season. I really loved the choreography in this zord fight and seeing the brand new Super Zeo Megazord in action. My main complaint is that this fight should’ve taken place in a separate episode that was mainly about the villains and not one that focused on a ranger’s development (specifically Rocky getting jealous of Jason). Still a great fight though. In my opinion, this is better than the rematch against Mondo in the finale.
7) Tenga VS. Cogs: Ever since the premiere of Zeo, one of the top things I wanted was some degree of a fight between Rita and Zedd and the Machine Empire. And in Zeo’s finale, we finally got it!!! I highly enjoyed this fight and loved seeing the Tengas whoop the Cogs’ butts, as I rooted for Rita and Zedd since I liked them better as villains. The instrumental version of Tenga Bye Bye playing in the background really added a lot to it as well. This highly demanded fight definitely payed off.
6) David Trueheart Arc: Who would’ve thought that Tommy’s Zeo quest back in Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers would tie into his personal life? Not me. I found this arc to be very beautiful and special. It was so cool to get a look into Tommy’s life and family. I also totally didn’t expect Tommy to reveal himself to be the red ranger to David. However, as much as I liked this arc, I just wish that David was used a bit more.
5) The transition from Mighty Morphin: Back in the Zordon era, every season was very connected and a direct sequel to its predecessor. Zeo was the first season (not counting MMPR seasons 2 and 3 as that is still MMPR) to do this. It kept the same cast and a lot of similar elements from MMPR while presenting some new characters, elements, and stories to tell. Even though the powers we knew were stated to be gone forever, we still had our same team with upgraded powers. And props to MMPR Season 3 for setting Zeo up so well with the Zeo Crystal having some of the most major arcs in the season, and ending with a big cliffhanger to directly lead us into Zeo. The buildup was definitely worth it and super hype.
4) The theme song: I freaking love Zeo’s theme song. Although the song itself is amazing and definitely one of my favorites, the meaning behind the lyrics portray what to expect out of this season so well. Even though the Power Rangers we once knew are gone forever, we at least still have the same team, and even though things will be different now and we are in a different ballgame, this team is 100% stronger than before. Another example of the song telling us that a lot of the elements that we loved from MMPR are gonna be in Zeo, but with a twist, is fact that they kept the “Go Go Power Rangers” line, but tweaked the instrumental part of it. The theme of this song is same, but different. In my opinion, this theme song did the best job out of all of them by giving the vibe of the season and telling you what to expect out of it. I love it!!!
3) Trey’s arc: The gold ranger arc was one of Zeo’s highest points. We had no idea who this gold ranger was for a good 7 EPISODES!!! So many speculations and rumors were going on as to who it can be. Trey’s character is definitely one to be remembered. He is the first sixth ranger to come from another planet and had a really valid story arc. Also the gold ranger theme song is so epic and is so hype to listen to. However, there’s one part of the gold ranger arc that stood out to me the most. More on that soon though.
2) King for a Day Arc: Even though Zeo had a lot of filler, this story driven arc is definitely one of my favorites. It was so cool to see Tommy go bad again, but in a different way than Green With Evil. And while the other 5 rangers were still on Earth, it was so cool to see Jason take back the leader mantle for a couple of episodes. This arc was very well written and really rewatchable.
1) Jason’s return: This. Moment. Wow. Definitely in my top 10 PR moments of all time. Before we knew Trey was the gold ranger, there was a lot of speculation as to who it may be. David, Billy, no one knew. When Trey got revealed and later split into 3, he requested that the rangers find someone to temporarily take upon themselves the gold ranger powers, which led to the uprise in speculation and predictions again. But when we found out Tommy picked up JASON, I was speechless. I literally lost my mind and I know many people had the same reaction. No one expected this. I rewatch this scene so often and I get excited every time which is why this is my favorite moment of Zeo.
What are some of your favorite Zeo moments? Is there anything you think should’ve been on the list? Drop a comment below on your thoughts!!!